viernes, 4 de junio de 2010

Adaptation.- Memorable quotes

---

Charlie Kaufman: You are what you love, not what loves you. That's what I decided a long time ago.


----------

Susan Orlean: I suppose I do have one unembarrassed passion. I want to know what it feels like to care about something passionately.
----------

Susan Orlean: It's over. Everything's over. I did everything wrong. I want my life back. I want it back before everything got fucked up. I want to be a baby again. I want to be new. I WANT TO BE NEW.

----------

Susan Orlean: Can I ask you a personal question?
John Laroche: Look, we're not lost.

----------

John Laroche: Look, I'll tell you a story, all right? I once feel deeply, you know, profoundly in love with tropical fish. Had 60 goddamn fish tanks in my house. I skin dived to find just the right ones. Anisotremus virginicus, Holdacanthus ciliaris, Chaetodon capistratus. You name it. Then one day I say, "fuck fish". I renounce fish. I vow never to set foot in that ocean again. That's how much "fuck fish".
Susan Orlean: But why?
John Laroche: Done with fish.

----------
John Laroche: You know why I like plants?
Susan Orlean: Nuh uh.
John Laroche: Because they're so mutable. Adaptation is a profound process. Means you figure out how to thrive in the world.
Susan Orlean: [pause] Yeah but it's easier for plants. I mean they have no memory. They just move on to whatever's next. With a person though, adapting almost shameful. It's like running away.

----------

Susan Orlean: What I came to understand is that change is not a choice. Not for a species of plant, and not for me. It happens and you are different. Maybe the only distinction between the plant and me... is that afterward, I lied about my change. I lied in my book. I pretended with my husband that everything was the same...

---

No hay comentarios: